The 2014 MassLIFT-AmeriCorps program member recruitment is open for the 2014-2015 service year. Download the application here.
Twenty-one members will serve in four positions: seven Land Stewardship Coordinators (LSC), five Regional Conservation Coordinators (RCC), five Community Engagement Coordinators (CEC), and four Service Learning Coordinators (SLC). The positions differ in their emphasis on land protection, stewardship, community outreach, and youth or adult education. All positions involve recruiting, teaching and training community volunteers, conservation staff and others to participate in and implement the member’s projects. Our members’ service activities build regional capacity to protect and steward open space for farms, working forests, trails, wetlands, rivers, parks, community gardens, and other lands of conservation and local importance.
2014 Service Positions:
Each of our four service positions has a different set of objectives and its own required and desired qualifications. Applicants for these positions must also meet AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements (See position descriptions).
The service activities emphasized for each position vary between host sites. AmeriCorps requirements and position descriptions specific to each MassLIFT partner are posted below. All MassLIFT positions are full-time, with members serving for 1,700 hours over 11 months.
Qualifications for each position are at the links below.
How to Apply
Please submit an application only if you are willing to commit to the full 1,700 hours and 11-month term of service. Also consider in advance your ability to live on a pre-tax stipend of $12,400 paid over the 11 months. Our program does not provide housing.
1) Review the position descriptions posted above for each of the host sites to determine which positions and placements best match your skills and interests.
2) Download and complete the member application form. Include names and contact information for three references that host sites can call as part of their interview process.
3) Include a 1 – 2 page cover letter, a resume, and the completed application form. Mention in your cover letter what you hope to learn/experience from participation in MassLIFT-AmeriCorps, and describe your interest in community engagement.
4) Scan and save your resume, cover letter, and completed application form as ONE PDF file. Title the application as follows: “LastName_FirstName_MiddleInitial” (i.e.,Smith_Lisa_J.pdf)
5) Email your application to MassLIFTapp@mountgrace.org. Do not send applications directly to host sites.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Applicants may get interviews and position offers from more than one site. Please be prepared to accept positions within 5 days of receiving an offer.
The program aims to fill all 21 service positions by July 25; however, host sites will continue interviews as needed past that date.
Member Compensation and Benefits:
2014 MassLIFT-AmeriCorps members will receive a living allowance of $12,400 over the
11-month term of service.
- AmeriCorps assists with health insurance coverage.
- Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need.
- Upon successful completion of their year of service, AmeriCorps members will receive a $5,645 education award, which can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans.
- Individuals in approved AmeriCorps positions are eligible for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans.
- MassLIFT members gain skills in land conservation, attend a statewide conference, and participate in team trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- AmeriCorps members experience the personal rewards of national service and community engagement.
- MassLIFT members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
Are you willing to devote a year of service to increasing the pace of land conservation in Massachusetts, engaging community volunteers in conservation-minded service, and strengthening the stewardship of watersheds and protected lands? If so, consider joining MassLIFT-AmeriCorps!
If you have questions about the application procedure please contact the Director of Community Engagement, Sean Pollock, at 978-248-2055 x16 or pollock(at)mountgrace.org.