1 Member position is still open for the 2016-17 service year of the MassLIFT-AmeriCorps program! Mount Grace will add either a Youth Education Coordinator or a Land Stewardship Coordinator. Review the steps below to apply.
This year, thirty-six members will serve in four positions: eight Land Stewardship Coordinators (LSC), six Regional Conservation Coordinators (RCC), fourteen Community Engagement Coordinators (CEC), and eight Youth Education Coordinators (YEC). The positions differ in their emphasis on land protection, stewardship, community outreach, and youth or adult education. All positions involve recruiting, teaching and training community volunteers, conservation staff and others to participate in and implement the member’s projects. Our members’ service activities build regional capacity to protect and steward open space for farms, working forests, trails, wetlands, rivers, parks, community gardens, and other lands of conservation and local importance. All positions include computer-based administrative and reporting duties. Thirty-five positions have been filled. Click on the position links below to find available opportunities.
2016-17 Service Positions:
Each of our four service positions has a different set of objectives and its own required and desired qualifications, and the service activities emphasized for each position vary between host sites. AmeriCorps requirements and position descriptions specific to each MassLIFT partner are posted below. Applicants for these positions must also meet AmeriCorps Eligibility Requirements (See position descriptions).
All MassLIFT positions are full-time, with members serving a minimum of 1,700 hours over 11 months.
Qualifications for each position are at the links below.
Land Stewardship Coordinators (Mount Grace would consider adding an LSC)
Community Engagement Coordinators (All CEC positions are full)
Regional Conservation Coordinators (all RCC positions are full)
Youth Education Coordinators (Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust still open)
How to Apply
Please submit an application only if you are willing to commit to the full 1,700 hours and 11-month term of service (September 2016 - July 28, 2017). Also consider in advance your ability to live on a pre-tax stipend of $12,530 paid over the 11 months. MassLIFT members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
1) Review the position descriptions posted above for each of the host sites to determine which positions and placements best match your skills and interests.
2) Download and complete the member application form. Include names and contact information for three references that host sites can call as part of their interview process.
3) Include a 1 – 2 page cover letter, a resume, and the completed application form. Mention in your cover letter what you hope to learn/experience from participation in MassLIFT-AmeriCorps, and describe your interest in community engagement.
4) Scan and save your cover letter, resume, and completed application form (in that order) as ONE PDF file. Title the application as follows: “LastName_FirstName_MiddleInitial” (i.e.,Smith_Lisa_J.pdf)
5) Email your application to email@example.com. Do not send applications directly to host sites.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Applicants may get interviews and position offers from more than one site. Please be prepared to accept positions within 5 days of receiving an offer.
The program will fill positions on a rolling basis.
Member Compensation and Benefits:
- 2016-17 MassLIFT-AmeriCorps members will receive a living allowance of $12,530 over the 11-month term of service, which is $522.08 per 24 biweekly pay periods.
- MassLIFT assists members in obtaining health insurance coverage through healthcare.gov. Reimbursement of costs may be available.
- Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need.
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps members receive a $5,775 education award that can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans. See nationalservice.gov/resources/edaward for info and restrictions.
- AmeriCorps members are eligible for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans, as well as payment of interest accrued during service.
- MassLIFT members gain skills in land conservation, attend a statewide conference, and participate in team trainings and other professional development opportunities.
- AmeriCorps members experience the personal rewards of national service and community engagement.
- MassLIFT members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
Are you willing to devote a year of service to helping conservation organizations increase their capacity to engage with more people and do more community conservation projects across Massachusetts, engaging community volunteers in conservation-minded service, and strengthening the stewardship of watersheds and protected lands? If so, consider joining MassLIFT-AmeriCorps!
If you have questions about the application procedure please contact the MassLIFT Program Director, Sean Pollock, at 978-248-2055 x16 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to help run the MassLIFT organization?: We're hiring!
Review the steps below to apply.
Click here for position descriptions:
MassLIFT-AmeriCorps Operations & Communications Coordinator: starts September/October 2016
The Operations & Communications Coordinator (OCC) supports the MassLIFT-AmeriCorps program vision on a statewide scale. Reporting to the MassLIFT Program Director, the OCC manages member recruitment and onboarding, communications and marketing, and day-to-day administration of program operations.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and national service alumni are encouraged to apply. We’re aiming to fill this full-time position in September/October 2016. MassLIFT-AmeriCorps may spin off as a separate nonprofit between Fall 2016 and Summer 2017, in which case program headquarters would likely move to Lowell, MA. Applicants should be prepared and willing to relocate to be able to work out of a Lowell office.
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to:
or mail to:
Mount Grace Land Conservation Trust
Attn: MassLIFT Program Staff
1461 Old Keene Rd
Athol, MA 01331