Mount Grace has an active volunteer team. We are always looking for volunteers with an interest in helping to support our mission. Our volunteers can participate in a range of tasks from stewardship activities, photography and writing to office work at Skyfields. We match volunteers’ skills and passions to the projects that best suit them.
Stewardship volunteers do trail maintenance, help guide walks on our properties, and learn to monitor our conserved properties.
Volunteers at Skyfields help with engagement work, administrative tasks, large mailings, and help with general maintenance of our headquarters.
If interested, please use our Volunteer Sign Up Form to receive volunteering opportunities with us.
Trail Stewards adopt a trail they love and visit it at least twice a year (fall & spring). Their responsibilities include:
- Reporting the conditions and management needs of trails, kiosks and signs
- Assisting in any stewardship needs on trails (trail clearing, trail blazing, trash removal, etc.)
- Leading hikes
- Participating in a trail maintenance day
Volunteer Trail Stewards can also work with local students and other committed volunteers to build trails from scratch, fix bridges, and install kiosks.
Property Monitors visit their assigned property at least once a year and inspect it for any violations, issues, or needs. These volunteers are trained on:
- How to read baseline reports
- Use a GPS
- Complete a monitoring visit
- Write and submit an annual monitoring report, which includes written findings, photos, and maps
No previous experience is necessary, and we provide training.
If interested, please contact Stewardship Manager KimLynn Nguyen at 978-248-2055 x14 or nguyen@. mountgrace.org
Come join the behind-the-scenes fun in our headquarters at Skyfields. We will match tasks to your skills and interests.
- Help us write newsletter articles
- Sort through and preserve our clippings / do archival work
- Assist with our “folding parties” when we have large mailings
Extra hands are always welcome!
If you are interested, please contact Communications and Engagement Coordinator Marielena Lima at 978-248-2055 x13 or lima@. mountgrace.org