Seeking Stewardship Volunteers
Mount Grace is seeking volunteers to help our Stewardship Program monitor our conserved properties and hiking trails. We are looking for people who are interested in conservation, are able to commit to 4-10 hours of service annually, and are physically capable of hiking outdoors on uneven terrain.
Some responsibilities include:
Volunteer Trail Stewards
• Visit your assigned trail twice a year (fall & spring)
• Note conditions and management needs of trails, kiosks and signs
• Complete and submit report of findings and recommendations
• Assist in any stewardship needs on trails (trail clearing, trail blazing, trash removal etc.)
• Not required but encouraged: lead hikes and one trail maintenance day a year
Volunteer Property Monitors
• Visit your property at least once a year and inspect it for any violations, issues, or needs
• Complete and submit a Monitoring Report which includes written findings, photos, and maps
No previous experience is necessary and we will provide training.
If you are interested please contact:
KimLynn Nguyen, Land Stewardship Coordinator, MassLIFT-AmeriCorps
(978) 248-2055 x14